Friday, March 21, 2008

Wedding Costs ad nauseum

I apologize in advance for this, but this blog will probably focus on costs as much as it does the fun of creating an awesome Halloween wedding party or the excitement of finally getting married to my best friend/sweetie of 10+ years.

I was telling one of my book club girls last night about how I'd had very grand ideas about our wedding until I actually sat down with a spreadsheet and started pricing vendors online.

And then, to cement that thought, on Weddingbee I found a link to a wedding cost calculator, where you enter your zip code and it tells you the cost of the average wedding in your area. Now, I don't know where they get these figures from, but supposedly the average cost of a wedding in our town is $31,390! That's crazy! I thought $20K was ridiculous!

Mr. T's coworker is getting married this Fall, and his budget is $5K less than ours. I told Mr. T, "I want to see that budget." How on earth did they manage? I know that my dress is a little over the top for a budget wedding, but it's my dream dress and I feel quite attached to it already. Also, I imagine that Mr. T's coworker didn't put the rehearsal dinner in his budget, which I did. I have no idea where we're going for that, but that's a subject for another post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of rich people here, that's why it's so much! Budget wedding things are... not having letterpress (the horror!) having someone you know address in the invites, getting talented friends to do hair, photography, ...