- We can save money at our own pace, so we don't go into debt for our wedding (Mr. T is adamantly against any debt).
- We have a lot of time to research ideas and vendors, so that we get exactly what we want within our budget.
- Hopefully, we'll be a lot more relaxed during the process of planning it, instead of feeling rushed and panicky--for example, if we do DIY our invites, we can do a few at a time, so we don't get sick of it.
- We can give out of town folks a lot of notice about when the big day is (once we get the venue, that is), so they can book their travel.
- We can go to friends' weddings this year and next and take notes about what we like.
- If I got off my butt and into the gym, I could theoretically lose weight for the all-important day of wedding pictures.
- Half-off decorations after this year's Halloween!
I know things won't really ramp up until this Fall at earliest, but I'm antsy.
For no reason at all, I leave you with a photo of a wedding dress made out of condoms. I guess that's one way to have a budget dress! Although, how much would 13,000 condoms cost? Can you buy those in bulk?