Thursday, March 12, 2009

To-do List

On my to-do list this week:

  • Finalize wedding website content, at least as much as we are able.
  • Send save the date emails at least to family, so they can book hotels and flights.
  • Contact more cupcakeries.
  • Sign up for Weight Watchers.
  • Talk to Mr. T about registries.
  • Continue researching rehearsal dinner options.

And that's just wedding stuff...don't get me started on real life stuff!

I finally talked to the hotel in the marina and we don't get any special price for a room block, so I didn't book one. Our site is almost done; I just need photos of the best man and the ring bearer and we can publish it for the world to see! I also want to add more photos of us, but we have a good number up already, so I figure I can do that later.

The template is great because I can make all the updates and edits without harassing Mr. T, but it's limiting in that I can't move the pages around. Also the content is set to some extent. So, the second page has to be the photo album, which I think is dumb. That's the fun, fluff content that should come last! If I were organizing it, I would have a welcome page, then the info on the ceremony/reception, then accommodations, then registries, then the "about us" page, then info on local attractions, then the gallery. This template has the order as: 1. blog, 2. photo gallery, 3. guest book, 4. about us, 5. ceremony/reception, 6. accommodations (this was supposed to be some other page but I tweaked it to suit my purposes), 7. attendants, 8. registry. And, once we enable that page, the final page will be where folks can RSVP. Who designed this thing?

Well, I can't complain, I suppose. The price is right, and it is fairly easy to use.

Anyway, back to work!

No comments: