Monday, February 9, 2009

Review of New Moon


Even though I bought this one for Mr. T for xmas (so it doesn't qualify as one of my wedding-budget-friendly library reads), I'm giving my opinion on it since it's the 2nd of a series and I've already done the first one.

However, I'm finding it difficult coming up with things to say about it that don't involve a massive amount of spoilers.

Hm.

Well, did I like it as much as the first one? No, I didn't. It started off pretty action-packed, but the middle has Bella behaving even more mopily than the first novel. It was almost unreadable. Also, in addition to being moody, she's just stupid...she falls for something I would never have believed in a million years.

After a very long middle section, in which a few interesting things are revealed (damned spoilers!), the end picks up again, but some of the dialogue is terrible, and the end is also a little anticlimactic.

Would I recommend this one? I'm not sure. Will I read the next one? Yes, of course. I liked it enough to remain curious about the characters, although I did read a review of a later book where the reviewer says that clearly the author tried to give her readers everything they wanted, and that never works out. But I'll make up my mind on that when I get there!


No comments: