Tuesday, February 3, 2009

OMW: Day 11

Mr. T was still sick this morning, but I got up anyway. HA! Of course, I got up about 15 minutes later than I should have, but I still got up, and went to the gym, and I felt great afterward, at least until I discovered I'd left my earrings at home, and then I still felt great, but slightly naked in the earlobe region.

I've decided to try out a four-day week this week. Today I just did leg-based weights; tomorrow I'll do arms, and then alternate again. If it seems like too much I'll stop after the third day, but both Thursday and Friday this week I'll have more time and be able to drive; Thursday because I have a doctor appt. at 10 am, and Friday because I have the day off. What's this, you ask? I'm going to Vegas! Woo-hoo!

My co-dancer (the one who called the David's Bridal ballgown a "shixa dress") is getting married in a few short weeks, so this weekend 18 of us are flying into Vegas for some bachelorette shenanigans. The cash outlay isn't great timing for me, but like every place, Vegas is hurting right now, so we were able to score rooms at the Luxor for $100/night...split with the MOH, who's also going, that makes $100 total that I'll be paying for hotel. The flight was also cheap; I think $60 each way?

Re: entertainment, the only official plans are for Saturday night. We're eating at a bar and grill (which, while not cheap, is not too outrageous) and then we'll be watching some Australian hunks take their clothes off for the bargain price of $50! Yup, we're going to the "Thunder Down Under" show! And there will be men in our party, so that should be interesting. And funny. I expect the evening will be hilarious and cringe-worthy. Apparently the "handsome blokes" dress up as firemen, pirates, and characters from "300." And we end with a "sensational cowboy finale." That made me laugh when I read it.

Anyway, despite the slogan, what happens in Vegas doesn't always stay there--I'll make sure to blog about the fun when I'm back.


No comments: