Monday, February 2, 2009

OMW: FAIL

Last night Mr. T told me he wouldn't be getting up to work out this morning because he has a cold. This resulted in me oversleeping today, deciding whether to get up anyway and only do a partial workout, and then just deciding to sleep in and turning off my alarm.

Ooops.

I know, this is a lifestyle choice, so I shouldn't look at this as a failure, only a minor setback, get up on the horse again, blah, blah, blah. The problem is, despite proclaiming that there would be no way I'd be working out if Mr. T weren't acting as my willpower, it's a bitter pill to swallow that it's really, really true. I have no willpower! I guess my job is to work toward having willpower. Sigh.

Anyway, I'm debating increasing my workouts to four this week, ahead of schedule, because I'm so bummed with myself (and because, after chips and meatball subs and cookies yesterday, I could really use the extra work!). Mr. T told me not to worry about it, to just do three like we have been. I'm undecided.

The irony is, I feel GREAT today. Very well-rested. Shouldn't I be paying for my failure?

This Saturday Mr. T and I were in "go go go" mode again and sold our old PS2 and a few leftover games and accessories. The money we made went straight into some cable/splitter/switch thing we needed, but at least we didn't have to shell out for it, right? We also recycled some old electronics, including a broken lamp, a typewriter, an old CD stereo component, our old rabbit ear antenna for the TV, etc. We had to pay to recycle these, but I think it's worth it to be a responsible citizen rather than just chucking them into the trash to sit in a landfill. I count it money well spent! Mr. T and I are apparently hooked on getting rid of crap right now...we are already plotting to do more. That feels really good!


1 comment:

NiCole said...

Don't keep beating yourself up over it. See it for what it really is--one day. You'll get there. I'm pulling for you, because you are my inspiration right now to get back on my own horse. So get back on, already!