Wednesday, February 4, 2009

OMW: Day 12, plus, minor meltdown!

Today I got up 15 minutes late again, but I got up. Baby steps! I went to the gym and worked out, doing arm weights this time after the cardio.

After yesterday's workout my knee was twingey again. My friend D. had told me not to use one of the leg machines...her physical therapist told her that knee surgeons must have invented this particular one so they'd get more customers. Well, I've used it in the past, so I went ahead and did it, but I think that was the thing that made my knee protest. So, no more of that one. I had acupuncture last night and asked for some knee help. I was worried about going to the gym this morning, but afterward, I had zero pain. It was like warming my knee up was the perfect thing for it. Phew.

I might not go to the gym tomorrow, just to be safe. We'll see.

Last night I was walking home and thought, "oh, I need such and such, I'll just go by this store to pick it up," and stopped dead in my tracks when I got to the store and it was closed. Like, "gone out of business" closed. I was shocked. I loved that store! It was a holistic pharmacy with a lot of gift items and bath and body products, in addition to herbs, etc. I can see that those are luxury items that folks would probably not be buying. Still, it was a shock. After getting the news that Mr. T's cousin's wife got laid off earlier yesterday, I had a minor freakout. When I got home I told Mr. T that maybe we should call off the wedding, get married at City Hall and have a small dinner for just our immediate families. As much as I'd like to think we're doing fine, I can't say with 100% certainty that I won't be laid off or that Mr. T's business won't slow down this year. Mr. T looked at me and said, "Are you really seriously wanting to discuss this, or are you just freaking out?" "Freaking out," I admitted, and then he gave me a hug.

Still, I'm considering it. This is scary--it's the third large business on the block to close. Sigh.

1 comment:

bilunabirotunda said...

Is this Elephant Pharmacy? What else closed over there?