Monday, February 23, 2009

OMW: Day 17, plus slacking

So I switched to the bike for my Wednesday workout last week and noticed an immediate difference in knee pain. As in, it didn't cause any.

This is great news and also a little sad, because I don't enjoy doing the bike as much as I do the CrossRamp or the Elliptical, and also because I don't burn as many calories or feel as fatigued afterward. I would extend the length of time, but trust me when I say that I'm getting to the gym as early as I possibly can, and possibly earlier than I possibly can! Mr. T recommended increasing the resistance level, which will be my next step.

I noticed that the bike made my hamstrings very tired, which I wasn't expecting. I thought my hamstrings got plenty of work hiking around the Bay Area. Hm. I will have to be very careful about stretching them out, since I know that tight hamstrings contribute to back problems (which I also have...gotta love getting older! Although my back issues have almost disappeared thanks to the gym workouts!).

Friday was a big old FAIL for the OMW plan. We'd had company over until late on Thursday night, and then Mr. T took the day off Friday as a small reward for working 12 hour days, 6 days a week, for the last few weeks. So, since I was tired, and he wasn't awake to help me up, I overslept. Whoops!

I also didn't go to the gym today, but Mr. T and I are planning to go tomorrow to make up for it. We went to my co-dancer's wedding last night, so we have a good excuse. We had a great time and it was a beautiful wedding in every detail--but more on that later!

No comments: