Thursday, June 19, 2008

Prioritizing

This summer I have let many opportunities to go out and see shows just slip by, thanks to not having the usual amount of disposable cash. The odd thing is, I'm finding I don't really mind! It's funny how last summer I just had to go to all these concerts and shows (and they were awesome, mind you), and this summer I'm watching them pass me by and thinking, "Meh. I'll see them next time." It's like a switch flipped in my brain or something.

I completely missed the Ethnic Dance Festival, which I go to see every year (and I usually attend all three weekends!), among other fun shows and concerts (Thievery Corporation, Ryan Adams, My Morning Jacket) that have come up.

I think Mr. T had some doubts about my ability to curtail spending (well, you did, didn't you, Mr. T?), and I probably did, too, but I think I'm doing just fine. So far.

Still, if Tom Waits hits our area, I am DEFINITELY buying tickets for that. And I wll be seeing Radiohead in August (along with every other person in this area, I'm sure). But those are my two exceptions.

No comments: