Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Groom's Gift

Because Mr. T has a habit of talking about buying things for himself, therefore making me nervous he'll ruin my carefully-laid plans, sometimes I cave and let him know what I'm planning.

The groom's gift is no exception. Yes, even this early.

Remember how I told you that I wanted to incorporate a sixpence for luck, thanks to the "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a sixpence for her shoe"? Well, no way am I putting a coin in my shoe. That would make me crazy. Halfway through the ceremony I would need to sit down, remove the offending shoe, and shake out the coin.

I did, however, find another way to incorporate a sixpence: cufflinks! This site has some cute sixpence cufflinks, and I'm not sure, but I think I can request specific years/dates. They don't make sixpence anymore, so they're harder to find, but I thought the price was still reasonable and that these would make a cool groom's gift:


A number of sellers on Etsy also carry them.

Of course, I could also get him these cufflinks (from this Etsy seller):


Mr. T says, "Nice! I could literally wear my geekiness on my sleeve."

No comments: