Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bleeding Heart Liberal

I am, I can't help it. Much to my dad's dismay.

Although technically I should be saving my pennies and putting them into our wedding savings account, today I gave some money
away. And I got Mr. T to do the same thing. Shocking behavior!

But how, might I ask, could you resist this picture?:

This day-old kitten was rescued by HSUS emergency services staff in Cedar Rapids. The HSUS is in Iowa to save pets from the recent floods. (Photo credit: The HSUS)

Well, you might be able to, but I just can't. Look at the wee tiny thing!

So, I emailed Mr. T at work and asked if he wanted to chip in money to donate to the Humane Society's disaster relief fund, which allows them to rescue the pets people had to leave behind when they evacuated their houses in Iowa. His immediate one-word email reply was "yes."

I encourage anyone who has any spare pennies to think about donating--just a little!--to the Humane Society. They do good work. Yes, helping the people in Iowa is very important, I get that too, but the animals don't have voices to speak up for themselves, so it's important that someone does it for them.

Let's get those pets reunited with their humans!

Thanks for letting me get on my soapbox. We'll now return to our regularly scheduled wedding planning.


2 comments:

Pica Maloria said...

Resistance to itteh bitteh kittehs is futile. :)

Bellybee said...

That is totally true.