Tuesday, April 1, 2008

They're Playing Our Song



In another ridiculous it's-way-too-early-to-decide-this decision-making moment, Mr. T and I may have picked our first dance song. Nope, it's not "Thriller" after all (but maybe I'll make the bridesmaids learn that one and dance it with me--you ready, ladies?). It's from When Harry Met Sally, our favorite movie (especially since it features a couple who starts out as just friends, like us!). There are a lot of jazz/big band classics in that movie, but I'll leave which one up to your imagination. And who's to say this is the final one? But, it feels right.

From IMDB, one of my favorite parts:

Harry Burns: I've been doing a lot of thinking, and the thing is, I love you.
Sally Albright: What?
Harry Burns: I love you.
Sally Albright: How do you expect me to respond to this?
Harry Burns: How about, you love me too.
Sally Albright: How about, I'm leaving.
Harry Burns: I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Studded jacket- check
Mateless glove- check
All I need is a nose job and I'm ready to dance!