Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Review of The Tale of Hill Top Farm


I found out about this book from the library's newsletter. I love the library!

This book is a fictional account of Beatrix Potter's life right after she purchased Hill Top Farm. It's also a mini-mystery, covering the missing School Roof Fund, the missing parish register, and why poor Miss Tolliver passed away so suddenly.

This book reminded me a bit of Anne of Green Gables. Not in content, but in feel--nothing uber-dramatic happens, but there are little mysteries to be solved, and it's set in a small village, so you "see" a lot of town gossip throughout.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would recommend it to folks who like sweet, quaint English books. I'm going to check the rest of the series out once I get through more of my current stack!


No comments: