Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Review of White Witch, Black Curse


I typically love these books, but this one didn't really do it for me. Basically there was a lot of action but nothing got accomplished. If you have a long-running series (this is maybe book 5 or so?), you need to have stuff happen in each book or your readers get bored.

I got bored.

Ivy and Rachel are still on uneasy terms. Ivy still hates being a vampire. Jenks's wife is still dying. Rachel and Trent are still not speaking. Rachel still doesn't have a love interest. Rachel is still being blacklisted for supposedly dealing with demons (in this installment the community literally shuns her). It all felt like setup for future novels, in which hopefully things will actually happen.

So, I'm not entirely done with the series, but I wasn't impressed, either. And, as you all know, I have pretty low standards. ;-)


No comments: