Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Postage Thoughts

Postage is going up again on 5/11/09, so unless Mr. T and I want to invest in the ugly "Forever" stamps before then, it means we're paying an extra two cents per invitation. The man is totally trying to keep us down.

The good news is that because of this I was browsing usps.gov for stamp options and discovered this beauty, perfect for our Hallowedding:

That's right, it's Mr. Poe himself! The site says:

On January 16, 2009, in Richmond, Virginia, the Postal Service™ issued a 42–cent, Edgar Allan Poe commemorative stamp, designed by Carl T. Herrman, Carlsbad, California.

In 2009, the U.S. Postal Service® commemorates the 200th anniversary of the birth of Edgar Allan Poe, one of America’s most extraordinary poets and fiction writers. For more than a century and a half, Poe and his works have been praised by admirers around the world.

I think it strikes just the right note: spooky, without being gory, plus I like the added literary connotation. I hope they offer them in the 44-cent stamp, but with my luck, I'll end up with hearts and flowers.

No comments: