Thursday, January 8, 2009

OMW: Day 2

Today was a lot harder than Tuesday. I did get up earlier, but not as early as I wanted to. And Mr. T did program the heater, but it didn't come on. Now it strikes me that perhaps he set the heater for 6 PM? Well, I guess it will be toasty when I get home tonight!

I have some postnasal drip going on but am refusing to admit it might be another cold. I told my body I wasn't giving in and proceeded to go to the gym to try and cook the germs out of me. I tried to wipe everything down uber carefully and wash my hands a ton, but it probably wasn't very nice of me. Come to think of it, maybe that's where I got this not-cold! Ah, well. It felt like my body was trying to sabotage my new routine, so I persevered in spite of it. It was a bit brutal today, though. My energy level was no where near as high as Tuesday, but I got through it, and thanks to leaving the house earlier I was able to do two sets of reps on most of the machines. When we're doing this 4 days a week it will be easier to get all my weights in because I'll alternate arms and legs.

I met up with Mr. T at the BART station afterward and he said the same thing: it was worse today. However, we both felt much better afterward, so that was good. I took a shower so hot my skin turned pink!

It's amazing how much better I feel after the gym. Sometimes it's so hard to get there, but afterwards, it's all worth it. I just have to keep reminding myself of that!

No comments: