Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer


I talked about this primer before, but I hadn't used it yet, so I couldn't tell you what I thought. I used this recently for a gig and I give it a thumbs up!

The Smashbox website says:

Create a perfect canvas for foundation application with this silky blend of vitamins A & E, grape seed extract and green tea. The totally unique formula helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores for visibly softer skin. Wear under foundation to increase its longevity, or alone for a velvety-smooth finish. Now available in a .5 oz travel tube for flawless skin on-the-go. Best of Sephora Award Nominee for Best Primer.


I have to say, it is silky. And I could feel the difference as I applied my foundation--it really just glided on. Color me surprised! I was sure that the hype was BS.

The downside is the price. Half an ounce, yes, you read that right, is $16 (yes, you read that right). For a girl like me, who loves makeup and new products and actually wears makeup all the time (with a somewhat legit reason to do it!), it wasn't so bad. I see the value in investing in quality products. However, if you don't wear makeup that often, skip this one. I'm unsure if it would contribute to clogging pores, also...I mean, it's one more layer. But I'll probably just wear it for gigs and to my wedding--not often enough to care overmuch about clogging.

If you're curious, I say go for it! Only, buy the travel size to make sure you like it. The full size is $36 (yes, you read that right!).

No comments: