Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Skirt dilemma

So, the MOH and I went to my semi-final dress fitting on Saturday. The dress looks amazing! All they need to do now is line the skirt, and finish all the edges, and a few other finishing touches. I am in love with it.

Mr. T and I have been practicing our first dance, and it's become obvious that there is no way I can dance in my skirt. As soon as I step backward, I'm going to step on the train and it will all be over. Or Mr. T is going to step on my train and it will all be over. Oops. That's what I get for going for drama!

Now I'm pondering either buying a cute skirt to change into right before the first dance, or having my dressmaker whip up a shorter skirt in the same material, if such a thing is even possible or remotely attainable on my budget/within our timeframe. Hm.

3 comments:

bilunabirotunda said...

Is the skirt long enough for a hand loop on the end for you to hold? Ask Autumn about it - I'm sure she'd have ideas.

rachel said...

Could you ask for a finger loop like I had? Or they may be able to hide some hooks so you coil shorten it f0r dancing...

Pica Maloria said...

Or you can go all Victorian and get a "skirt lifter". It's a little metal clamp that attaches to your train then attaches to a belt or wrist - here's a link to an antique one:
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/aladiesgallery/item/1127?gbase=1

However, if you don't want to pay antique prices for something you can get in the modern world - the *exact* same clamp is used as nipple clamps at bdsm shops. They're called "clover clamps". You can get a pair for about $25.

*giggle*