Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Music fit for a Hallowedding

As I mentioned, I've started work on our wedding playlist. Any suggestions are welcome! I'm looking for both Halloween-appropriate songs as well as fun songs about love. So far on the list:

Monster Mash
Dead Man's Party--Oingo Boingo
I Put A Spell On You--either Natasha Atlas, as a nod to my belly dance friends, or Screamin' Jay Hawkins, who does the creepiest version
Every Day is Halloween--Ministry (for later in the evening)
Halloween--Siouxsie and the Banshees
Spellbound--Siouxsie and the Banshees
Whistlin' Past the Graveyard--Tom Waits
Bela Lugosi's Dead--Bauhaus (I'm worried about the length of this song, though. 10+ minutes might push my family over the edge. Maybe I can shorten it.)
This is Halloween--Nightmare Before Christmas Soundtrack or the Marilyn Manson version
White Wedding--Billy Idol
What a Wonderful World--Joey Ramone
Love Cats--covered by Paul Anka
Clap Hands--Tom Waits
Carnival-sounding music by Beats Antique, Pentaphobe, Tom Waits, Man Man

Coincidentally, or maybe not since our wedding dates are exactly the same, the Creepy Cupcakes blogger also did a post on Hallowedding music, so now I have some classical inspirations too! I'm enjoying researching music and putting our playlists together...way back in the day I loved crafting a fine mix tape...this is like a mix tape dedicated not only to Mr. T, but all of our guests!

No comments: